Sentence Strips, Cards & Cover Cards for Backpack Bear's Predecodable Books
For use in pocket charts or games or as part of our Kindergarten ELA Curriculum, these cards are indispensable in building literacy! The themed stories explore places and actions we take in our communities. Provide explicit and systematic phonemic awareness and phonics instruction with these hands-on sentence-building strips.
Sentence Strips, Cards & Cover Cards for Backpack Bear's Predecodable Books correspond to the predecodable books in Level-K Cut-Up/Take-Home Books.
- Introduce one of the books, then read its corresponding sentence strips, prompting children to predict words
- Invite students to place sentence word cards in the appropriate place on the sentence strip
- Offer a scrambled batch of words for children to arrange properly on the sentence strip
- Encourage students to create new sentences using individual word cards
- Play "Name the Missing Word" to complete the sentence
- Use Backpack Bear's Cut-Up/Take Home Books as guides to arrange sentence strips
©2014 Starfall Education
Dimensions: 6" X 13" X 1.5"