This puzzle focuses on short-i words. After your beginning readers put a puzzle together, encourage them to point and say the pictured words and notice the common vowel sounds.
- After assembling the puzzle, take turns finding and naming all of the short-i words. Listen very carefully to the words your friends choose; don't repeat their words
- Use clues printed on the box to help find the short-i words
- Enjoy coming up with your own clues; your friends guess
- Listen to Starfall Sing-Along (vol. 1), tracks 28-32 (short vowel songs) while you work
- Make up a story using the characters and actions pictured in the puzzle